DIMAPUR - KOHIMA
- Your Nagaland trip with Driveast will start from the Dimapur Airport where you will be greeted by our representative and after then will be driven to Kohima.
- On reaching Kohima, you can check in at the pre-booked hotel.
- Dinner and overnight stay in the hotel.
KOHIMA – KHONOMA
- After breakfast you will be taken for a sightseeing tour around Kohima, where you will visit the world war II memorial and the state museum of Kohima.
- Later, you will be driven to Khonoma Village.
- Overnight stay at Khonoma.
KHONOMA TRIBAL VILLAGE
- After breakfast you will be taken for a walk around the village where you can learn about different aspects of their lives.
Here, you can witness a unique water system where the water is piped long distances using bamboo.
- Overnight stay in the village.
KHONOMA – TOUPHEMA
- After a fresh morning with a local breakfast, you will be driven to Touphema village.
Here you can visit the museum displaying traditional jewellery, clothing and other artefacts.
- Touphema has a number of wooden built traditional Angami houses and guests are welcomed with great Angami hospitality.
- There are guided walks to go on to nearby peaks and paddy fields as well.
- Overnight homestay in Touphema.
- After a traditional breakfast, you will be driven to Mokokchung.
- En route stop at Wokha, the district headquarters of the Lotha Nagas and can explore the town and lunch here followed by a ride to Mokokchung.
- On arrival, you can rest in the pre-booked hotel.
- The next day, you will be taken to visit Mopungchuket. Here, explore the museum and a church followed by a visit to Longkhum where you can walk the stone bridge and see the Doyang lake.
- After exploration, return to Mokokchung for dinner and overnight stay.
MOKOKCHUNG – TUENSANG
- After early breakfast you will be taken to Tuensang. It is also the largest district of Nagaland bordering Myanmar. It is located near the highest peak of Nagaland, Mount Saramati.
- Explore the tribal villages of Tuensang. You may also see the state animal of Nagaland, Mithun and also see the giant monoliths in Longtrok village.
- Overnight stay in Tuensang.
TUENSANG – MON
- After an early wake up you will be taken to the northern easternmost part of Nagaland towards Mon district. This is the land of Konyak tribe who once were once known as headhunters having tattoos all over their face and hands. This tribal people are also known famously for their muzzle loading guns.
- You will be taken to the chief’s house in Shangnyu village followed by a visit to Longwa village.
- This village sits in the Indo-Myanmar border.
- Return back to Mon after a little excursion for dinner and overnight stay.
- You will be driven downhill from Mon to Jorhat, on arrival you can check in at the hotel and rest for the day.
END OF JOURNEY..