- After arrival at Dimapur airport you will be greeted by our representative and you will be taken to the capital of Nagaland, Kohima.
- Enroute you may see locals women selling organic vegetables and fruits as well as other local unique and indigenous products.
- On reaching Kohima you can check in at the pre-booked hotel.
- Overnight stay in the hotel.
- After having breakfast, you will be taken for a short tour visiting some local market and World War II cemetery.
- After, you will be taken for the festival in Kisama Heritage Village where you will spend the rest of the day witnessing folk songs, dances and locals wearing colourful traditional attire.
- You can also visit shops and pick up souvenirs as a memento.
- Lunch at the festival where you can taste some local cuisine of Nagaland.
- You will also be taken to visit Phesama village on your way back to Kohima followed by an overnight stay.
- After breakfast you will be taken to explore Kigwema village and get some idea about the village lifestyle.
- Later, you will be taken to the Hornbill festival where you can witness fascinating and ethnic culture of the Nagas through this festival.
- You can also participate in the night carnival at Kohima where you can see people selling different items from Christmas decorations to chicken barbecue. This infact is one of the most interesting aspect of the carnival, the entire street will be filled with lights and flooded with people.
- After the fun affair, head back to the hotel for overnight stay.
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Jakhama village where you can explore the village followed by a drive to the Hornbill festival.
- Attend the festival followed by lunch and a drive to Khonoma village which is 20 km from Kohima. Later, you will be driven to Seikhakie for overnight camping in a cabin/tented accommodation.
- After a early wake up and breakfast you will be taken out for a nature walk towards the place where jhum cultivation is practiced. Later you will also be taken to see the state animal of Nagaland Mithun.
- Further a drive to Khonoma village for lunch will be arranged followed by a sightsee around to landmarks like ceremonial gates, morung, cairn circles, forts, historical sites, visit age group house, meet local craftsmen, witness the weaving of shawls and making cane basket. All this excursion will be followed by lunch.
- Towards the end of the day you will be entertained with some indigenous games demonstrated by the local youth and thereafter we shall try the locally prepared brew.
- Dinner and overnight at the Khonoma.
- After breakfast, you will be driven to Dimapur to connect your flight/train for your onward journey.
END OF JOURNEY..