ARRIVE GUWAHATI - MANAS NATIONAL PARK
- Arrive at Guwahati airport / railway station; our representative will drive you to the Manas National Park, situated within the foothills of Himalaya in the north bank of the Brahmaputra River.
- On reaching Manas National Park transfer to your pre booked accommodation. Evening enjoy the vicinity around your accommodation or have pleasant walk around the place. Overnight stay in Manas.
MANAS NATIONAL PARK
- Will start the day little early and will move to the Elephant boarding point for our first Jungle ride to the Manas National Park on an Elephant back. The one hrs Elephant safari will take us to the dense and narrow paths to increasing the chances of animal sighting.
- Later we will return to the resort for fresh-n-up and breakfast. After breakfast we will be ready for our first vehicle safari to the national park. Here we will be moving on the wild path of Manas National Park to explore the most stunning pristine wildlife habitat.
- Return back to the resort for lunch. After lunch we will again move on our wildlife jungle safari to explore the Brahmaputra valley with its semi-evergreen forest. The forest is very rich in species of all Indian wildlife. Here you will have a chance to view the only known home for the rare and endangered Assam Roofed Turtle, Hispid Hare, Golden Langur and Pygmy Hog.
- Later in the evening return to the resort. Dinner and overnight stay at resort.
- After breakfast drive to Shillong via Guwahati. En-route we will have a short halt at Barapani Umiam Lake, a majestic placid lake with its surrounding sylvan hills. Upon arrival, check into the hotel for overnight stay.
SHILLONG -MAWLYNNONG – DAWKI – SHILLONG
- Wake up early and have your breakfast and drive to Mawlynnong, the cleanest village in Asia - Mawlynnong through a 78 km road drive, in the East Khasi Hills. Mawlynnong is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the region and is a popular ecotourism destination in Meghalaya. You can take the sky walk.
- The next stopover of the day after lunch will be Dawki, in the West Jaintia Hills. Dawki is a hidden treasure of Meghalaya which is known for its sublime beauty. The clean and beautiful Umngot River being a significant part of it.
- Once done exploring the town of Dawki, you will be taken back to Shillong. On the way, you will have the chance to visit the spectacular Root Bridge.
- Later back to Shillong. Overnight stay at Shillong.
SHILLONG- CHERRAPUNJEE – SHILLONG
- Morning after breakfast we will drive you to Cherrapunjee which is famed for being the wettest place in the world. After a drive of 1 ½ hours amid pine trees and mists we reach Cherrapunjee. Cherrapunjee possesses some exotic waterfalls and impressive limestone caves.
- In Cherrapunji, we visit the Nohkalikai Falls, Seven sister falls, Mawsmai Caves, Rama Krishna Mission, Eco Park and the Thangkharang Park.
- On the way back to Shillong, visit the spectacular Elephant Falls and the much-famous Shillong Peak. From the peak, you can capture the surreal.
- Evening back to Guwahati. Overnight at Guwahati.
GUWAHATI LOCAL SIGHT SEEING
- Early Morning Get ready to Guwahati visit the famous Maa Kamakhya Temple on the Nilachal Hills (10kms) – a seat of the tantric cult in India and one of the 108 Shakti Pethas in the Country.
- Return back to hotel after breakfast visit Sri Shankardeva Kalakshetra-a cultural centre with a fine exposition of the life and culture of the people of Assam, Balaji Temple & Basistha Ashram.
- Evening DJ Cruise on the mighty river Brahamaputra (subject to availability/direct payment basis).
- Overnight in Guwahati.
- After breakfast Check out from the hotel and transfer to Guwahati Railway station for the onward journey.
END OF SERVICES…