ARRIVAL IN GUWAHATI (ASSAM)
- Once received from Guwahati airport/Railway station by our representative you will be directly taken to the Kaziranga National Park. Kaziranga National Park is in the heart of Assam, covering an area of 430 sq-kms, is inhabited by the world's largest population of One-horned Rhino, as well as many mammals including - tigers, elephants, panthers, bears and thousands of birds. In 1985, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its unique natural environment.
- Evening visit tea Garden near by the park and local cultural programme at Kaziranga.
- Overnight stay in resort in Kaziranga.
JUNGLE ACTIVITIES AT KAZIRANGA NATIONAL PARK
- After an early wake up, you will be taken to the riding point in the Central Range (Kohora) for an Elephant Ride. After the ride return back to the Hotel.
- After breakfast drive to the Central Range (Kohora) of the park for a jeep safari.
- After lunch check out from the hotel and transfer to Shillong. Shillong, also known as ‘The Scotland of the East’ is the capital city of Meghalaya.
- En route you will visit the largest manmade lake of Northeast India – Umium Lake. Reaching Shillong after 3 hours journey (approximately), we check-in at a city Hotel.
- Evening free for leisure or for shopping in the famous Police Bazaar in Shillong. Overnight in Shillong.
SHILLONG -MAWLYNNONG – DAWKI – SHILLONG
- Wake up early and have your breakfast and drive to Mawlynnong, the cleanest village in Asia - Mawlynnong through a 78 km road drive, in the East Khasi Hills. Mawlynnong is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the region and is a popular ecotourism destination in Meghalaya. You can take the sky walk.
- The next stopover of the day after lunch will be Dawki, in the West Jaintia Hills. Dawki is a hidden treasure of Meghalaya which is known for its sublime beauty. The clean and beautiful Umngot River being a significant part of it.
- Once done exploring the town of Dawki, you will be taken back to Shillong. On the way, you will have the chance to visit the spectacular Root Bridge.
- Later back to Shillong. Overnight stay at Shillong.
SHILLONG- CHERRAPUNJEE – SHILLONG
- Morning after breakfast we will drive you to Cherrapunjee which is famed for being the wettest place in the world. After a drive of 1 ½ hours amid pine trees and mists we reach Cherrapunjee. Cherrapunjee possesses some exotic waterfalls and impressive limestone caves.
- In Cherrapunji, we visit the Nohkalikai Falls, Seven sister falls, Mawsmai Caves, Rama Krishna Mission, Eco Park and the Thangkharang Park.
- On the way back to Shillong, visit the spectacular Elephant Falls and the much-famous Shillong Peak. From the peak, you can capture the surreal.
- Evening back to Guwahati. Overnight at Guwahati.
GUWAHATI LOCAL SIGHT SEEING
- Early Morning Get ready to Guwahati visit the famous Maa Kamakhya Temple on the Nilachal Hills (10kms) – a seat of the tantric cult in India and one of the 108 Shakti Pethas in the Country.
- Return back to hotel after breakfast visit Sri Shankardeva Kalakshetra-a cultural centre with a fine exposition of the life and culture of the people of Assam, Balaji Temple & Basistha Ashram.
- Evening DJ Cruise on the mighty river Brahamaputra (subject to availability/direct payment basis).
- Overnight in Guwahati.
GUWAHATI RAILWAY STATION DROPPING
After breakfast Check out from the hotel and transfer to Guwahati Railway station for the onward journey.
END OF SERVICES…