ARRIVAL IN GUWAHATI (ASSAM)
- Once received from Guwahati airport/Railway station by our representative you will be directly taken to the Kaziranga National Park. Kaziranga National Park is in the heart of Assam, covering an area of 430 sq-kms, is inhabited by the world's largest population of one-horned rhino, as well as many mammals including - tigers, elephants, panthers, bears and thousands of birds. In 1985, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its unique natural environment.
- Evening visit tea Garden near by the park and local cultural programme at Kaziranga.
- Overnight stay in resort in Kaziranga.
JUNGLE ACTIVITIES AT KAZIRANGA NATIONAL PARK
- After an early wake up, you will be taken to the riding point in the Central Range (Kohora) for an Elephant Ride. After the ride return back to the Hotel.
- After breakfast drive to the Central Range (Kohora) of the park for a jeep safari.
- After lunch check out from the hotel and transfer to Shillong. Shillong, also known as ‘The Scotland of the East’ is the capital city of Meghalaya.
- En route you will visit the largest manmade lake of Northeast India – Umium Lake. Reaching Shillong after 3 hours journey (approximately), we check-in at a city Hotel.
- Evening free for leisure or for shopping in the famous Police Bazaar in Shillong. Overnight in Shillong.
SHILLONG- CHERRAPUNJEE – SHILLONG
- Morning after breakfast we will drive you to Cherrapunjee which is famed for being the wettest place in the world. After a drive of 1 ½ hours amid pine trees and mists we reach Cherrapunjee. Cherrapunjee possesses some exotic waterfalls and impressive limestone caves.
- In Cherrapunji, we visit the Nohkalikai Falls, Seven sister falls, Mawsmai Caves, Rama Krishna Mission, Eco Park and the Thangkharang Park.
- On the way back to Shillong, visit the spectacular Elephant Falls and the much-famous Shillong Peak. From the peak, you can capture the surreal. Overnight at Shillong.
SHILLONG - GUWAHATI LOCAL SIGHT SEEING
- Early Morning drive back to Guwahati.
- After reaching Guwahati you will be taken to the famous Maa Kamakhya Temple on the Nilachal Hills (10kms) – a seat of the tantric cult in India and one of the 108 Shakti Pethas in the country.
- Return back to hotel. After breakfast visit Sri Shankardeva Kalakshetra-a cultural centre with a fine exposition of the life and culture of the people of Assam.
- Evening River Cruise tour on the mighty river Brahamaputra (subject to availability/direct payment basis). Overnight in Guwahati.
GUWAHATI AIRPORT/RAILWAY STATION DROPPING
- After breakfast, check out from the hotel and our representative will take you to the Guwahati Airport / Railway station for the onward journey.
END OF JOURNEY…