ARRIVAL IN GUWAHATI (ASSAM)
- Your Assam Meghalaya trip with Driveast will start from the Guwahati Airport/station (whichever of your choice) in Assam which would be your onward destination.
- After your arrival at the Guwahati airport or the Railway station, our representative will greet you with a warm traditional welcome and will take you to the pre-booked hotel in the heart of the City.
- After getting freshened up, you will be taken to the famous Maa Kamakhya Temple- a seat of the tantric cult in India and one of the 108 Shakti Pethas in the Country and Umananda Temple- the smallest river Island of the World also known as Peacock Island.
- For dinner and overnight stay, you will be transferred back to the hotel.
GUWAHATI TO SHILLONG (MEGHALAYA) VIA UMIAM LAKE
- After an early wake up and a delicious traditional breakfast, you will be taken to a 99 km drive to the beautiful hill station of Shillong in Meghalaya. The entire drive would take around 3-4 hours to complete.
- En route you will visit the largest manmade lake of Northeast India – Umium Lake. Reaching Shillong after 3 hours journey (approximately), we will take you to a City Hotel.
- After Freshenup visit Don Bosco Museum, Ward’s Lake located at the heart of the city which is popular for its garden walks and boating, Meghalaya State Museum where Meghalaya’s tribal culture and heritage are well displayed and Lady Hyadri Park. Evening free for leisure. Overnight in Shillong.
SHILLONG TO CHERRAPUNJI
- After having breakfast, explore Cherrapunjee which is famed for being the wettest place in the world. After a drive of 1 ½ hours amid pine trees and mists we reach Cherrapunjee. Cherrapunjee possesses some exotic waterfalls and impressive limestone caves.
- En route, visit the gorgeous Seven Sister Falls, Mawsmai Cave and Thangkharang Park.
- After done sightseeing tour of Cherrapunjee, head back to Shillong.
- On the way back to Shillong, visit the spectacular Elephant Falls and the much-famous Shillong Peak. From the peak, you can capture the surreal views of the surrounding.
- Overnight stay at Shillong.
SHILLONG TO MAWLYNNONG TO DAWKI TO SHILLONG
- After having a early breakfast be ready for the most busiest and productive day.
- Firstly you will be taken to the cleanest village in Asia - Mawlynnong through a 78 km road drive, in the East Khasi Hills. Mawlynnong is one of the most beautiful places to visit in the region and is a popular ecotourism destination in Meghalaya.
- The next stopover of the day will be Dawki in the West Jaintia Hills. Dawki is a hidden treasure of Meghalaya which is known for its sublime beauty. The clean and beautiful Umngot River being a significant part of it.
- Once done exploring the town of Dawki, you will be taken back to Shillong. On the way, you will have the chance to visit the spectacular Root Bridge.
- Overnight stay at Shillong.
- Post breakfast; be ready with your backpack to be driven back to your onward destination.
- From this voyage, you will not be leaving empty-handed. You will be gifted bucket loads of unforgettable memories to cherish for a long.
END OF JOURNEY…